You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-15 05:19:45

zaidtherion

Remote server fails to load modules

Posting this in newbie because I'm not sure if this is a general problem or an OpenVPN problem and don't know where to start.

I'm trying to install OpenVPN on a remote server. I'm configuring this as an ethernet bridge and as such have been following the OpenVPn and OpenVPN bridge articles. All goes well until it comes to the part I need to load modules. This happens:

# modprobe bridge
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.33.5-xxxx-grs-ipv4-64/modules.dep: No such file or directory
# modprobe tun
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.33.5-xxxx-grs-ipv4-64/modules.dep: No such file or directory

Any ideas about this problem?

#2 2010-08-15 10:34:50

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Remote server fails to load modules

That sure doesn't look like a stock kernel, but you didn't mention what kernel you *are* using...

This is an Arch setup, right?

Anyway, you could probably solve this by running depmod (if you need the module dependency database regenerated for any kernel other than the one that's running, check man depmod).

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#3 2010-08-15 22:59:27

zaidtherion

Re: Remote server fails to load modules

It's an Arch system. The server is a rental from OVH, who have a local repository, so it would make sense if they use a custom kernel on their machines. Will try depmod, thanks.

Board footer