You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-16 00:43:02

Vortex375

PulseAudio support vanished from Mumble

Hi,

Mumble used to work with PulseAudio just fine but with a recent package upgrade the support for Pulse was apparently removed.

I already filed a bug report http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20468 and the bug has been CLOSED, but Mumble still has no support for pulse. At least it doesn't work for me anymore.

I didn't quite understand the reason for closing this bug. At least, the problem does not appear to be fixed.
Will pulse support come back in Arch's version of Mumble?

For now, I'm using the binary version you can download from the Mumble project page.

Last edited by Vortex375 (2010-08-16 00:44:26)

#2 2010-08-16 00:55:19

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: PulseAudio support vanished from Mumble

Yep, a quick check of the PKGBUILD indicates there's no mumble support. Why not install mumble-pulse from the AUR instead?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-08-16 01:11:27

Stythys
Website

from your closed bug page:

"pulseaudio is now a makedepends of mumble-1.2.2-9 which is now in community."

seems fixed to me?

[home page] -- [code / configs]

"Once you go Arch, you must remain there for life or else Allan will track you down and break you."
-- Bregol

#4 2010-08-16 02:39:59

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

@Stythys, if you access the [community] mumble package through AUR you'll see that pulseaudio is not (perhaps not any longer) a makedepend.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2010-08-16 06:25:44

Svenstaro
Administrator

mumble maintainer here. pulseaudio support was removed again since mumble can't dynamically load pulseaudio if it is available. Or rather, it doesn't fail gracefully when the required shared library is not available. As a result, it cannot only be makedepends but depends also, which would require all users to install pulseaudio. We don't want that in arch, hence my note in the mumble.install file that users of pulseaudio should use mumble-pulse from AUR.

The package I maintain in AUR is identical except for the additional pulseaudio support.

Board footer