You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-16 11:00:20

dengu

OpenOffice Presenter Console Extension not working anymore

I have previously done presentations using OO impress, which worked reasonably well. Now after some time I have to do another (important!) one, using the new version 3.2.1., and it's a terrible experience. First I tried the normal openoffice-base, which immediately crashed when quitting the slideshow. I found a thread regarding this (see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=98617 ) which recommended to switch to go-openoffice (still, I'm absolutely baffled as to how such a grave bug can exist in a stable release, but anyway...).

So I did switch to go-openoffice. It does not crash anymore, but then I had to witness that the Sun Presenter Console Extension is no longer working. This extension (which should be an integral part of openoffice anyway) is really important to me, since it shows me the next slide, notes and a timer on my laptop during the presentation. I re-installed openoffice-base, but it doesn't work there either, nor does it work with openoffice-base-devel (which was practically unusable anyway due to crashes, but I can understand that for a devel version).

Hence my question: Did anyone manage to get the Presenter Console Extension working, preferably with go-openoffice, version 3.2.1?

#2 2010-08-16 12:18:38

dengu

Re: OpenOffice Presenter Console Extension not working anymore

Argh... I didn't see that go-openoffice already ships with a new version of the presenter extension in /usr/lib/go-openoffice. After installing this one, it worked! It's strange though - this version shows the version number "1.1.0", whereas on the official page the latest version is still 1.0.3.? Ah well, who cares. I can finally work on my slides. :-) Sorry for the noise, I should have read the wiki page more carefully.

Board footer