You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-16 19:24:53

orlox

[SOLVED] No sound on music apps with pulseaudio

Hi. I just installed pulseaudio on my arch in order to get a higher volume out of my laptop. My DE is gnome, and totem seems to work perfectly with pulse, but neither banshee nor rhythmbox seem too like it. Banshee gets very unresponsive when trying to play a song, and never even shows the slider moving forward, or make any sound at all. Rhythmbox has a similar issue, but without the unresponsiveness...

I'm not very sure how to debug this issue, To install pulse I followed the instructions from the arch wiki, including the configuration for gstreamer: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pul … #GStreamer

Cheers!

Last edited by orlox (2010-08-18 03:05:56)

"There is no problem so big it cannot be run away from"
Charles M. Schulz

#2 2010-08-18 03:05:27

orlox

Re: [SOLVED] No sound on music apps with pulseaudio

Don't know why, but just restarted the pc (had restarted it several times before) and it works! I haven't changed any configuration of any kind, so I don't know what just happened...

"There is no problem so big it cannot be run away from"
Charles M. Schulz

#3 2010-08-18 04:41:29

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] No sound on music apps with pulseaudio

Debugging would normally start with opening pavucontrol. What probably happened is that pulseaudio did not get control of your sound card, maybe some app plays sound before pulse starts. Or maybe totem itself grabs your sound card.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer