You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-16 19:37:24

nXqd

mplayer plays fickering

I don't know why, I read from everywhere about this but all I find is about : compiz + mplayer , xcomnprg + mplayer.
And I've tried mplayer-mt-git in AUR, but it's still fickering .
I really need help, everything is fine in windows tongue .
Intel 4500MHD

When you live for a strong purpose, then hard work isn't an option. It's a necessity. - Steve Pavlina
dotFiles

#2 2010-08-16 20:18:04

ewaller
Administrator

Re: mplayer plays fickering

A few questions.

It is not clear from your post -- Are you trying to use this under compiz ?  If not, what window manager are you using Metacity (Gnome), KDE, Xfce?
Do you know if your hardware is doing direct rendering and hardware acceleration? (Look through /var/log/Xorg.0.log and the output of glxinfo)
Is mplayer configured to use Xv,  OpenGl, or something else?

If you are using compiz, is it set for direct rendering? Is it set for loose coupling?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2010-08-17 14:23:00

nXqd

Re: mplayer plays fickering

I use xv, no compiz related and I'm using dwm smile

// I just spotted the problem , it was xcompmgr running . Can we do something to make xcompmgr without flickering mplayer ?

Last edited by nXqd (2010-08-17 14:32:23)

When you live for a strong purpose, then hard work isn't an option. It's a necessity. - Steve Pavlina
dotFiles

Board footer