You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-19 17:36:01

locke87

building kde from source fails

Hey,

Since I started to write some small patch for KAdressbook, I wanted to compile KDE so I could put in my source files. I just don't get that worked out.

When I want to build kdesupport without compiling qt first, cmake tells me, that it can't find qmake, which is definitely in /opt/qt/bin/qmake, but also in /usr/bin/qmake, what looks quite strange to me.

When I want to build QT myself, I can't make the git-clone with  "git clone git://gitorious.org/+kde-developers/qt/kde-qt.git". As an error I get "fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly"

Does anybody have an idea what is going wrong with my machine?
I want to install KDE-Trunk just for the user kde-devel. This user has this .bashrc
Of course I commented the QTDIR-part out when I tried to build KDE with the System-QT.

regards
locke

#2 2010-08-19 18:01:26

flamelab

Re: building kde from source fails

locke87 wrote:

Hey,

Since I started to write some small patch for KAdressbook, I wanted to compile KDE so I could put in my source files. I just don't get that worked out.

When I want to build kdesupport without compiling qt first, cmake tells me, that it can't find qmake, which is definitely in /opt/qt/bin/qmake, but also in /usr/bin/qmake, what looks quite strange to me.

When I want to build QT myself, I can't make the git-clone with  "git clone git://gitorious.org/+kde-developers/qt/kde-qt.git". As an error I get "fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly"

Does anybody have an idea what is going wrong with my machine?
I want to install KDE-Trunk just for the user kde-devel. This user has this .bashrc
Of course I commented the QTDIR-part out when I tried to build KDE with the System-QT.

regards
locke

Αre you using the ABS pkgbuilds or are you doing that manually ?

For kde-qt, you can use the PKGBUILD on aur "kde-qt-git", but it is unmaintained ( I had uploaded it).

#3 2010-08-19 18:23:55

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

There is nothing about the building process that's failing; the building process didn't even start yet. The hangup you have is a git problem. The 'remote' should be a hint it's a network-related problem wink.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#4 2010-08-19 18:30:50

locke87

that's odd, because I tried it out of three different networks. From my university, from my parent's house and from my student's appartment. In the last two cases there was just a router between me and the www (or the ISP).

Last edited by locke87 (2010-08-19 18:31:09)

Board footer