You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-27 05:20:29

sheekeebut

Instant USB after suspend-resume/hibernate-resume

Hello all,

----
I've got a decently old laptop, Acer 2310 if you want to search up the specs. No built-in wireless, though.
I also have a Sitecom USB Wireless N 300 key with Ralink RT3070 chipset, for which I've also installed the rt3070sta module directly from the manufacturer.

The setup works great with the WICD installed, but it's taken me a lot of work simply to make it compatible with the suspend/hibernate/resume functions.
It turns out that either the ehci-hcd or ohci-hcd module (I forget which one) had to be shut off before entering the sleep mode and restarted on resume in order to have all my usb functionality work after resuming. Otherwise, I'd be running without my USB hardware, or worse, I'd just have a black screen to greet me on wakeup. This module restart also means that it has to reconnect to the wireless network (...or does it?).

Well, it works, but here's my problem. We have a business laptop with Vista Home, with a PCI wireless device that works INSTANTLY on resume. No need to wait. Just one second to resume from standby and the thing is still connected to the network, easily verified by doing a quick new Google search on Internet Explorer.

I WANT THAT FUNCTIONALITY.
----

Now, if anyone's willing to just give me a little info:

1) Who of you are able to resume from standby on Arch and still have INSTANT wireless network access? By instant, I mean you don't have to wait for the thing to reconnect to the network, and WICD or network manager doesn't even tell you it's authenticating or anything. Heck, it probably hasn't even disconnected. If you have this kind of instant access, please let me know if the network adapter is USB, PCI or any other bus.

2) Who of you have that trouble with your usb ehci-hcd/ohci-hcd modules that need restarting after resume from standby in order to work? Have you found any other method of getting them to work coming out of standby, but WITHOUT doing some full module reload?

Board footer