You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-27 21:27:52

Cows

[SOLVED] KDM in KDE 4.5 doesn't change Keyboard Layout

Hello everyone,

I use the Colemak Keyboard Layout and I wanted to know how I could do this in KDM..

For GDM it usually changes automatically.

I've read the documentation but it doesn't say how to change it for KDM. I did change the console layout to Colemak which is en-latin9 in /etc/rc.conf.

When I log into KDE through KDM (QWERTY by default), I went into the System Settings and I changed the KDE Desktop's keyboard layout to Colemak as well. So the entire system (Console & Desktop) are in Colemak, but as I said before, the KDM doesn't want to change.

I searched on the forums with no prevail and I also searched on Google which pointed to either Ubuntu things or old Arch Linux stuff speaking about changing xorg.conf.. I don't even have a xorg.conf anymore since it's not necessary. I instead have xorg.conf.d in /etc/X11/. Maybe I will have to manually generate a xorg.conf and then edit it. Any thoughts before I do this?

Last edited by Cows (2010-08-28 12:58:19)

#2 2010-08-28 06:04:34

Cows

Re: [SOLVED] KDM in KDE 4.5 doesn't change Keyboard Layout

I don't know if this is double posting exactly since a certain period of time has passed and I didn't believe that editing my previous post was appropriate. If this is still double posting, please let me know.

So I have been researching more and I found out that in the Arch Wiki, there is an excellent description on how to change the layout..

It what kind of hard to find the answer to my question because I was looking for the answer to this problem specifically and now a general solution to all X related things. This is how my settings look like now:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8WNBKZRM

and the Xorg Arch Wiki can be found here: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xor … conf_Files

Board footer