You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-30 05:48:03

whackedspinach
Website

Hotkey to switch between USB headset and speakers?

Hello,
I just installed Arch and Awesome (I used to be on Ubuntu), and I want to bind a command to easily switch all sound output from my headset to my speakers and vice-versa.  Does anyone know if this is possible to automate.  I've tried to use padevchooser and pavucontrol, but I just don't see a setting to change all sound output.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
whackedspinach

#2 2010-08-30 13:05:20

urist

Re: Hotkey to switch between USB headset and speakers?

It's not quite as automated as you seem to want, but I use asoundconf. It's only good if you use ALSA. The link above also comes with a gui - asoundconf-gtk.

Edit: Sorry. You seem to be using PulseAudio.

Last edited by urist (2010-08-30 13:07:01)

#3 2010-08-30 15:55:04

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Hotkey to switch between USB headset and speakers?

Use pactl list to list currently loaded modules, then pactl load/unload to load/unload the modules you need. You need the output of pactl list so that you know the ID number of the modules you want to unload (or you could just save those to a text file when you first load them).

This would only work if the speakers/headsets are different ALSA devices.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer