You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-01 18:14:23

Labello
Website

relocate openbox window borders

hi everyone.

i recently installed openbox on my netbook. and since its aspect ratio is at 16:9 it seems more efficient to me to locate the window-decorations to the left or right side of the windows.

so my question is: does openbox allow this? i know that openbox allows to hide the decoration all together but that would just be weird workaround for me.

so is there any setting i could apply?

thanks in advance :-)

"They say just hold onto your hope but you know if you swallow your pride you will choke"
Alexisonfire - Midnight Regulations

#2 2010-09-02 10:14:28

Labello
Website

Re: relocate openbox window borders

*bump* anyone? :-( - i know that kde has it's focus right now smile

"They say just hold onto your hope but you know if you swallow your pride you will choke"

#3 2010-09-02 11:05:19

SanskritFritz
Website

I also had the desire to do so, but googling for "openbox title bar position" gave me no cookies. The only WM where I have seen this and did it myself is the Bespin theme for KDE4. I wonder if that is can be done in openbox, that would give me a huge boost to switch from KDE4.

zʇıɹɟʇıɹʞsuɐs AUR || Cycling in Budapest with a helmet camera || Revised log levels proposal: "FYI" "WTF" and "OMG" (John Barnette)

#4 2010-09-02 12:32:47

Labello
Website

well it is some kind of a pitty since openbox in general is pretty flexible. :-(

any other WMs that allow this kind of modification? openbox is not that much integrated. i could easyli make a move :-)

Board footer