You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-03 15:55:37

ozar

akonadiserver: annoying shutdown messages

Not wishing to use any display manager, I login from the console and then start KDE4 with startx, so when logging out of KDE it returns me to the console which has worked well for many years.  Now, however, with the most recent KDE 4.5.x releases there is apparently some kind of lagging happening with the shutting down process of the ever annoying akonadi.

When the console presents itself, I generally start typing any commands that I might want to issue, but now the command line is taken over by akonadiserver right after I've started typing commands.  It is apparently lagging behind for some reason, and it presents the following messages right in the middle of my command line usage:

[akonadiserver] D-bus session bus went down - quitting
[akonadiserver] terminating service threads
[akonadiserver] terminating connection threads
[akonadiserver] stopped db precess
Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...

I'm happy that it's shutting down, but this lagging process really gets in the way of getting things done, so is there any fix for this annoying behavior?

Shouldn't akonadiserver be completely shutdown "before" users are presented with a cursor for entering commands from the console?

Thanks a bunch to anyone that can answer on this!

Edit:  added a bit more info for clarity

Last edited by ozar (2010-09-03 20:07:55)

oz

#2 2010-09-07 19:57:07

ozar

Re: akonadiserver: annoying shutdown messages

It's my understanding that total removal of akonadi is an option, but I'm resisting that because it appears that we are going to eventually be stuck with it whether we like it, or not.

If nobody knows of a fix for this issue, are any of the rest of you who are not using display managers getting the same interference from akonadiserver on logout?

If not, perhaps it's some configuration error on my machine.

If others are experiencing this, maybe a bug report is in order, although I'm guessing it to be an upstream bug rather than an Arch issue.

Thanks in advance for any info.

oz

#3 2010-09-28 00:27:15

YAOMTC

I have this same problem, except I have to hit enter before a command prompt will show up again. Really annoying. Anyone know why this is?

#4 2010-09-28 02:58:50

ozar

Yep, it's terribly annoying, and sadly the best fix I could find for this problem was Gnome.  I keep trying KDE4 and have installed it at least 40 or 50 different times since it was released back in January 2008, but I'm getting tired of so many annoyances with each and every release. All I know to do is to keep checking this thread, and hoping for a satisfactory KDE4 solution.

oz

#5 2010-10-05 18:16:29

ozar

YAOMTC wrote:

I have this same problem, except I have to hit enter before a command prompt will show up again. Really annoying. Anyone know why this is?

Don't get your hopes up with the new release.

I just installed KDE 4.5.2 but the akonadiserver behavior is the same as before.

oz

Board footer