You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-05 16:54:42

nikki

Can you test this package of a game I made for me?

I made an AUR package for a game I was working on, 'GraLL 2'. Please do try the package and tell me if it works for you. After installing, make sure to copy /usr/share/grall2/Settings.ini to ~/.grall2/Settings.ini before running.

The game itself, I have to work on more levels. There's a lot of functionality made but the levels don't showcase it. It starts out with what I thought should be the starting sequence of levels but it seems they are a little on the hard side and I should try to make them easier. After level 8 there are some 'test' levels which are a random mess of objects I use for testing things. Use F1, F2 to navigate through the levels (only in the test version - in the final version you have to earn them). You might want to try levels 1, 3, 5, 6, and then the test levels. Try the gravity-inversion in level 11 (a test level). Get the weird-looking key and try pressing 'G' to invert gravity. The whole game is Python scriptable, you can toggle the console through F3 and run code in it with F4. There's more descriptions and videos on the site itself, do check it out.

Feel free to make suggestions and bombard me with (constructive) criticism! I won't promise I will attend to it all though - I'm a little busy these few weeks with school and stuff, I will try my best.

Thank you!

Last edited by nikki (2010-09-05 17:00:18)

#2 2010-09-07 14:18:51

litemotiv
Forum Fellow

Re: Can you test this package of a game I made for me?

Your game looks pretty impressive nikki!

A post in the Community Contributions subforum might be more effective in catching people's attention, i'll move it there.

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

#3 2010-09-07 14:36:28

SanskritFritz
Website

Wow, can't wait to get home...

zʇıɹɟʇıɹʞsuɐs AUR || Cycling in Budapest with a helmet camera || Revised log levels proposal: "FYI" "WTF" and "OMG" (John Barnette)

#4 2010-09-07 15:53:49

nikki

@litemotiv: Thanks. smile

@SanskritFritz: Do tell me how it goes!

#5 2010-09-09 22:03:37

SanskritFritz
Website

Nikki, thanks for the game, I love it. Although my machine's specs are a bit low for the game, but turning off the fancy effects did make it playable. Nice ideas, I'm just at the beginning, my son will play a lot with this.
Thanks again.

zʇıɹɟʇıɹʞsuɐs AUR || Cycling in Budapest with a helmet camera || Revised log levels proposal: "FYI" "WTF" and "OMG" (John Barnette)

#6 2010-09-09 22:18:15

nikki

@SanskritFritz: Good to hear! I hope your son enjoys it. smile And about it being slow - I have to still work on the optimisation. I was developing it on a high-spec computer and never really cared about that much yes, although I did include options to disable the fancy effects. I will work on that later after doing some profiling and collecting data on what exactly the bottlenecks are.

#7 2010-09-10 11:33:53

SanskritFritz
Website

That is good to hear, as the graphics really rock much more when the fancy stuff is enabled. Btw my machine is able to run Descent or Neverball at a flawless framerate, just for comparison.

Board footer