You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-06 23:35:46

oksofar

cannot build php-cgi package

I need to build php-cgi with a certain compile option.

After searching the Arch site, I decided that I needed to install ABS and modify the PKGBUILD file for php-cgi.

I discovered that there is no php-cgi directory in /var/abs/..., so I looked in /var/abs/php/PKGBUILD. I found this at the beginning of PKGBUILD:

pkgbase=php
pkgname=('php'
         'php-cgi'
         [SNIP]...
         'php-xsl')

So I tried: makepkg -d --pkg php-cgi

(I had to add "-d" or the build would quit for dependencies that are not really necessary)

I thought this would look the same as doing pacman -S php-cgi. But it was quite different.

At first, makepkg tried to compile all the packages in the PKGBUILD file. It wanted me to install "dependencies" that I don't want. That's why I added the "-d" option.

I got all kinds of messages that don't happen when I just run pacman. I had to install some packages that the simple pacman command didn't require (such as curl).

Eventually it aborted with "cannot find enchant". I don't know where to go from here.

So what am I doing wrong? How do I compile and install php-cgi without getting all the messages? Why do I have to turn off dependencies?

#2 2010-09-07 00:49:09

anonymous_user

Re: cannot build php-cgi package

Did you try modifying the dependencies in the PKGBUILD instead of using makepkg's -d flag?

#3 2010-09-07 18:26:34

oksofar

I see that I should have posted this topic in the "PKGBUILDs & ABS Support" forum. I should probably remove it from this forum and repost.

If so, how do I do that?

thanks.

#4 2010-09-07 18:37:04

Pierre
Developer
Website

You cannot compile a single split package; you have to compile the whole php. Also read the wiki/man pages about abs and PKGBUILDs.

#5 2010-09-07 19:55:16

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

oksofar wrote:

I see that I should have posted this topic in the "PKGBUILDs & ABS Support" forum. I should probably remove it from this forum and repost.

If so, how do I do that?

thanks.

Done

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer