You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-09 21:28:49

Ben9250
Website

Packages on AUR not for x86_64 [SOLVED]

Hi all, I'm trying to get into ReST as a possible way for me to do my work - I've been using Latex with LyX up to now anyway. I wanted a way to get BibTeX to ReST and I stumbled across bibstuff - more specifically bib4txt, so I can reference in my ReST document, and then have it scan my document, and generate a bibliography using a bibtex file .bib - I'm hoping eventually ReST will get better Bibtex support as it's really the only bad thing I can say about it at the minute. Anyway, I'm trying to use bib4txt but it keeps saying I need the python simpleparser module installed - fair enough, but when I use yaourt to get it from the AUR it says its not available for my x86_64 architecture. It said something about editing the PKGBUILD and just changing arch=() to my architecture. Is it really that simple or will that screw anything up? I've been reading about the build system but PKGBUILDs phase me the most.

Cheers.

Last edited by Ben9250 (2010-09-09 22:37:33)

"In England we have come to rely upon a comfortable time-lag of fifty years or a century intervening between the perception that something ought to be done and a serious attempt to do it."
  - H. G. Wells

#2 2010-09-09 21:35:46

Barrucadu
Website

Re: Packages on AUR not for x86_64 [SOLVED]

It's usually that simple. Only for a few things will it actually break.

#3 2010-09-09 21:46:30

ewaller
Administrator

Barrucadu wrote:

It's usually that simple. Only for a few things will it actually break.

And, if everything works, be sure to create a comment in the AUR to that effect.  Even better if you post a patch (diff the original and your revised PKGBUILDs and post the output)
If you do, don't just change the arch, but rather add your arch to the list.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#4 2010-09-09 22:37:17

Ben9250
Website

Ok thanks, it's working now!

"In England we have come to rely upon a comfortable time-lag of fifty years or a century intervening between the perception that something ought to be done and a serious attempt to do it."
  - H. G. Wells

#5 2010-09-09 22:54:22

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

ewaller wrote:

Even better if you post a patch (diff the original and your revised PKGBUILDs and post the output)
If you do, don't just change the arch, but rather add your arch to the list.

A patch that only adds a single word to one line of a very small text file is not KISS imo. As a maintainer, I would much prefer a simple comment asking me to add "x86_64" to the "arch" array.

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

Board footer