You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-11 23:22:08

denn1s

Windows disapear after changing desktops in KDE

So, here is the story: Me and my girlfriend were using kdemod, but due to poor stability we switched to regular kde from the repos. To switch we fully formatted and then clean installed kde. Both in kdemod and in regular kde this issue was present:

If the desktop is focused, you switch desktop, and then click an unfocused window, some parts of that window disappear (the parts that are modified reappear, like when mouse overing a button or selecting a line):

Here is a snapshot of the IDE geany disappearing:

snapshot1j.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It happens to every window, terminals, text editors, even our own homemade applications. Mine is a desktop computer, her's is a laptop computer. We both got nvidia video cards however mine is series 9 and her's is series 7 mobile. My driver version is nvidia 256.53-1.

Im posting here since this only seems to happen in kde 4.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if you think it's better to file a bug report I will.

Thank you.

(I took a screenshot of geany but the program displayed there was not runing nor had been run, its just hard to reproduce the bug since the ksnapshot thing makes the windows reappear)

--
Running: Arch - x86_64 - KDE
On: Intel i5 - Nvidia 9600

Board footer