You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-13 15:23:24

katafrakt

xmonad/X11 freezing (but like in late autumn - not completely)

Hi!
Recently I decided to change my wm from awesome to xmonad. Few things are quite different but ine is particularly annoying. After some time of working (sometimes 30 min., sometimes 2 hours) it freezes. I mean, I can still move mouse pointer, I can type in the active window (usually it was terminal, but works also with browsers). I cannot, though, change workspace, channot change layout, windows order, spawn new terminal - all xmonad functions are not working. xmobar and tint2 are working but with the latter I cannot change windows using a mouse and taskbar.

The only thing to do is ctrl+alt+f1, kill xmonad or X and start it again but this is, of course, not satisfactory solution.

What is worse, logs do not indicate anything. xmonad log is empty (maybe I'm doing something wrong?), Xorg.0.log looks quite normally (no EE except [  2754.808] (EE) Failed to load module "fbdev" (module does not exist, 0)).

I never experienced anything like that with awesome and I didn't update Xorg after moving to xmonad.

Board footer