You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-14 15:01:57

lotuskip

a text-mode JACK audio connection manager

I realised that QJackCtl, as great as it is, is really unnecessarily heavy for what it is that I use it for. I just want to see and modify my JACK connections easily. And I dislike using the mouse. After looking for a lightweight alternative and not finding any that I would've liked, I wrote one myself.

esjit I named it: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40790

I haven't tested esjit extensively yet. The basic stuff (viewing and modifying connections) seems to work, at least.

(It doesn't print very detailed error messages. This is intentional. If you have esjit and jackd both running in separate terminals, you can see the connection related error messages in the jackd output.)

#2 2010-09-15 17:35:20

igor_b

Re: a text-mode JACK audio connection manager

lotuskip wrote:

I realised that QJackCtl, as great as it is, is really unnecessarily heavy for what it is that I use it for. I just want to see and modify my JACK connections easily. And I dislike using the mouse. After looking for a lightweight alternative and not finding any that I would've liked, I wrote one myself.

esjit I named it: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40790

I haven't tested esjit extensively yet. The basic stuff (viewing and modifying connections) seems to work, at least.

(It doesn't print very detailed error messages. This is intentional. If you have esjit and jackd both running in separate terminals, you can see the connection related error messages in the jackd output.)

nice work. i like it! only thing missing is midi support (or i didn't found it).

don't know if you know, but there is also jackctl (http://www.linuxaudio.org/mailarchive/l … /26/169249). it's a similar thing but without colors and with midi support. you can check it for midi stuff.

btw. is esjit acronim for something or.. smile

Last edited by igor_b (2010-09-15 17:36:34)

#3 2010-09-15 18:25:38

lotuskip

only thing missing is midi support (or i didn't found it)

No midi support. I myself don't really use midi, at least not together with JACK, so adding midi support is not a priority.

don't know if you know, but there is also jackctl

I have tried jackctl. Have a vague recollection that I couldn't get it to work properly. Or just didn't like something about it, not sure.

esjit is one of those bad names that stick.

#4 2010-09-15 18:56:15

igor_b

lotuskip wrote:

No midi support. I myself don't really use midi, at least not together with JACK, so adding midi support is not a priority.

i use it a lot smile

but nevermind that.. i have a bug to report (and "patch"). when i press ctrl+d it stucks in an endless loop saying "Unknown key '<last_entered_command>'! Enter 'h' for help.". then i have to kill it with ctrl+c. replace "cin>>entry" in line 368 with "if(!(cin>>entry)) break;" and it will be ok.

Board footer