You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-23 01:43:26

Vamp898
Website

[SOLVED] plasma killed KDE

I used KDE as every day, played a bit with plasma and then BAM

i zoomed a plasmoid a bit too large and KDE crashed. I thought oh damm ok restart. Didn´t worked. He just fades out at the splash screen when the first symbol apears.

Than i thought, ok delete plasma configs. Still the same

than i rename my .kde4 so that he starts with a new one

still the same

i delete .config .local and .kde4

still the same

i re-install whole KDE4

still the same

how the fuck can a zoom of a plasmoid kill KDE unreparable? Its impossible that its even possible to kill it if i delete every single config and even start with a new user

whats going wrong here?

//EDIT

Oh it does start with a very new user. But it doesn´t start with my user even when i delete every folder starting with a .

even when i create a whole new home directory it still does not start with my user. It starts with a new user thorough

lol i renamed my user-folder in /home. Deleted the user. Created the user again. Renamed the user-folder back and just re-applied and chowned again.

It works... Ö_Ö that was the most mysterious thing i ever seen but it works now^^ every configs are still there and everything works... mysterious

i think it maybe have something to do with the .bashrc but i dont have that anymore cause with the creation of the new user i got a new one

thats the only logical explanation in the end for me....

Last edited by Vamp898 (2010-09-23 03:14:09)

Board footer