You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-26 01:22:27

milki

[MOVED] H55 chipset and KMS with HDMI/VGA

I recently purchased a Shuttle SH55J2. As there seems to be KMS issues with the Auburndale chipset and the VGA output (output is wavey with KMS on, no X with KMS off), I am attempting to get the HDMI output working with my monitor. I am using a Dell E248WFP which has VGA and DVI input. I am using an HDMI cable with an HDMI-DVI converter.

The problem is the monitor comes up with screen with green background and white text starting from bios all the way through boot to login. I have attempted changing the colorspace of the monitor from RGB to YPbPr, but it simply changes the color of the background. Any clues on how to fix this?

New: I've bought a new hdmi capable monitor. However, with KMS enabled using HDMI->HDMI, the monitor receives no signal, while the HDMI->DVI still has the color problems. With KMS off, HDMI->HDMI works and HDMI->DVI has no signal. So now it appears the KMS is the real issue.

Note: This discussion has been moved to the intel-gfx mailing list: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/i … 08315.html

Last edited by milki (2010-10-07 07:42:55)

Board footer