You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-26 15:10:17

serprex
Website

srcpac fork

http://github.com/serprex/misc/blob/master/arch/srcpac

I've forked the srcpac from extra since it failed to be suitable enough to allow alias pacman=srcpac in my bashrc (-Q, -Sb, -Syy...)

Incompatible changes I've made from srcpac:
Building from source is -Sa. This may be a poor choice, since an aur extension would probably want that. It's behavior differs from the original in that it does not install dependencies from source
There is no /var/lib/srcpac directory. Instead, I make use of the executable bit of the files in /etc/srcpac.d
I removed -Se. srcpac's main goal is to integrate package upgrades and building from source. Integration is best automated
I'm considering removing -So. I find it easy enough to check /var/srcpac manually

A change I'd like to make is enabling the use of shebangs in srcpac.d. The issue is that I'm unsure of the most elegant way to allow for dealing with I/O (Should it be piped, or should I pass file names, or should I pass it only one file to be replaced, à la sed? Configurability would be required, perhaps a second shebang.) In any case, sed has proven itself surprisingly well

An issue I've yet to deal with is cancelling installation at pacman -U fails to also disable the executable bit

So far it's proved suitable for my uses. I'ven't struck across the alias breaking my usual pacman tasks, though I'm not one to use many of pacman's S flags. Still, I figure I should get some eye balls on this; I still feel that it's too tightly coupled with pacman

Last edited by serprex (2010-09-26 16:28:38)

Board footer