You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-27 20:13:55

Carlwill
Website

VirtualBox Fails To Start

I just installed 'virtualbox-ose' for my x86_64 system and it installed fine. I have a completely updated system but it just fails. I am told I need to run '/etc/rc.d/vboxdrv setup' command which I do:

[cmennens@tuna ~]$ sudo /etc/rc.d/vboxdrv setup
:: Removing old VirtualBox netadp kernel module                                                                                                                       [DONE] 
:: Removing old VirtualBox netflt kernel module                                                                                                                       [DONE] 
:: Removing old VirtualBox kernel module                                                                                                                              [DONE] 
:: Recompiling VirtualBox kernel modules                                                                                                                              [DONE] 

Then I try and start the VirtualBox utility and I get the following error:

[cmennens@tuna ~]$ VirtualBox &
[1] 3319
[cmennens@tuna ~]$ WARNING: The vboxdrv kernel module is not loaded. Either there is no module
         available for the current kernel (2.6.35-ARCH) or it failed to
         load. Please recompile the kernel module and install it by

sudo /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup

You will not be able to start VMs until this problem is fixed.
VirtualBox: supR3HardenedMainGetTrustedMain: dlopen("/usr/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox.so",) failed: libQtCore.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anyone know where I can find this 'libQtCore' package and or how to resolve this issue?

./

#2 2010-09-27 20:23:08

karol
Archivist

Re: VirtualBox Fails To Start

#3 2010-09-27 20:23:18

andr3as

You also need to `modprobe vboxdrv` to load the kernel module after building it. This is why you get the module error.

The libQtCore library should be part of the package "qt".

#4 2010-09-27 20:23:27

wonder
Developer
Website

first of all, LOAD at least vboxdrv after compiling the modules. second look at optional dependencies. qt is such a dependency

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

#5 2010-10-12 22:15:20

pw_f100_220

qt package does the trick!

Sometimes I just want people to expect me to do what I would do instead of what most people would do.

Board footer