You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-02 15:53:42

spoovy

Gnome & Compiz not working Intel GM965

This only happens in GNOME, not fluxbox.

I have a situation where windows do not display properly.  When writing text characters will fail to appear, random lines might appear instead,or nothing at all.  Deleting characters just replaces them with black vertical lines or blanks.  When using config GUIs the windows will not refresh when for example switching tabs, and the same thing happens in browsers when viewing webpages, and all over the place. 

I can force windows to refresh and show the correct content by moving the window slightly, or by tab-ing through the page on a website.

I had a previous, possibly related, problem related to my graphics chip and KMS, which i resolved by adding "video=SVIDEO-1:d" to the grub boot line as in this topic - https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=105560

I have edited my xorg.conf as suggested in the wiki article on compiz troubleshooting (though I don't know how to do this -" (modeline should be activated from boot though)."

Anybody got any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Spoov

#2 2010-10-02 16:10:58

DIDI2002

Re: Gnome & Compiz not working Intel GM965

Try fusion-icon to start compiz with indirect rendering (or compiz --indirect-rendering). That does slow down compiz quite a bit, so I just switched to metacity until a fix is released.

Last edited by DIDI2002 (2010-10-02 16:11:33)

#3 2010-10-02 16:31:55

spoovy

Re: Gnome & Compiz not working Intel GM965

Cheers I tried --indirect-rendering, it worked.  I missed that in the wiki hmm    I don't use any of compiz's more demanding tricks so i'm not noticing any slowdown.

Board footer