You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-02 17:56:12

tuxrux

Can not change the keyboard layout, figured out why but can't solve it

I'm using arch 64, Kernel 2.6.35-ARCH , & also I always had Persian & US English layouts available.
But as of today's restart, after upgrading Xorg to 1.9 i'm getting this error which i've found out where it is coming from.

errorjc.png

it's because i'm using persian layout, i've got no problem if i add for exapmle greek or any other layout, i can switch, type etc but only when i add persian layout the error comes up & suddenly i can't swith the layouts or even type!
The weired thing about the persian layout is that it doesn't have a preview as others, check this out:
The greek layout for example has a preview of keymaps,
greekpreview.png

but the persian preview doesn't exists, it seems there's no persian there! or it's just empty!
persianlayout.png

I don't know how to add this layout again.
Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 2010-10-03 01:51:33

Wyegu

Re: Can not change the keyboard layout, figured out why but can't solve it

I'm having this problem with the Iranian layout too. I've been poking around with the layout file and looking at others that work, to try to figure out what might be wrong with the file for the Iranian layout, but I haven't figured it out.

I've found a way to type in Persian without the Iranian layout: Use the layout for Afghanistan. After some quick testing it seems to have all the characters in the same spots as the Iranian one. That could be useful at least until the Iranian layout can be used again.

Last edited by Wyegu (2010-10-03 01:55:19)

#3 2010-10-03 06:24:05

tuxrux

Re: Can not change the keyboard layout, figured out why but can't solve it

Hey mate!
Yeah, I'm using afg layout too, that's for now but what really caused it?
Is it somehow related to libxklavier? ( http://chakra-project.org/bbs/viewtopic … 408#p16408 )
P.S: Are you from Iran?

Last edited by tuxrux (2010-10-03 06:37:40)

Board footer