You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-04 03:46:19

radioactivo

Problem with dbus or hal

Hello I am having problems with dbus or hal, i think, last week when i insert a cd or plug an usb drive the automounting worked fine. But now it doesn't and the error is:

Se produjo un error mientras se accedía a «Disco extraíble de 3,7 GiB», el sistema respondió: 
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, 
the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

I have the updated system with kde.
I read the wiki and search the forums but i don't know what to do. Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Last edited by radioactivo (2010-10-04 03:50:53)

#2 2010-10-04 11:18:41

Primoz

Re: Problem with dbus or hal

Do you use custom kernel? Because I had same problems with -ck kernel. It has an automated module builder or something like that, and somehow d-bus wasn't added to it.
So the d-bus module wasn't built. Anyway I fixed it by using (installing) another kernel. In my case i installed kernel26-lts, because of it's long term support, so that I can also use it as a fallback kernel.
in it I installed d-bus and all those, then rebuilt the custom (-ck) kernel and this time it used all of my modules that I needed.

If you don't use custom kernel then I have no idea what could be the problem.

I fear it is something different. But if you do use a custom kernel, it's good to check this option...

Arch x86_64 ATI AMD APU KDE frameworks 5
---------------------------------
Whatever I do, I always end up with something horribly mis-configured.

#3 2010-10-04 15:20:50

radioactivo

Hi Primoz, thanks for your reply but i used the kernel that comes from the repos not a custom kernel. Another thing that started to happend at the same time (i think) is that when i power off, the os stop all the deamons and show "POWER OFF" but it does not shutdown automatically so i must press the power button.

#4 2010-10-04 16:10:24

Primoz

That's strange...
Well then it really is the problem with D-Bus. I'd recommend that you read a ArchWiki entry for D-bus, I guess you didn't configured it correctly.

Arch x86_64 ATI AMD APU KDE frameworks 5
---------------------------------
Whatever I do, I always end up with something horribly mis-configured.

#5 2010-10-06 12:42:05

radioactivo

Primoz thanks but i follow the dbus wiki and nothing, meanwhile i have to install suse because i need desperately the usb and cd-rom.
When i finish my work i will be back to arch.

Board footer