You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-05 02:52:10

hurleyef

I can't access mounted volumes without gdm/gnome-session [solved]

Since switching to awesome I see no reason to use gdm anymore, so I installed slim.  The issue is that without logging into my awm session from gdm I can't see/access my ntfs drives or usb volumes.  MPD has no issues playing music from one of my ntfs drives though.

I have my ntfs drives set to automount from fstab.  I can't see them at all, from pcmanfm, nautilus, or the terminal.  If I try to mount them manually from the cli it says that the volume is already opened.  If I use fuser it doesn't list anything as using the volumes unless mpd is playing, in which case it is listed.

hal/dbus are in my daemons array in rc.conf, and htop verifies that they are both running, along with consolekit (like a billion threads, bah!) and polkit.  I added ck-session-launch to xinit as was suggested in another thread, but that didn't seem to help.

I found this thread >>https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=65070<< but I don't have a /etc/Policykit/Policykit.conf, or even a /etc/Policykit/.

I have this issue when launching awesome from startx or slim, but never from gnome or anything launched from gdm.

And direction on the issue would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited by hurleyef (2010-10-05 03:11:05)

#2 2010-10-05 03:10:43

hurleyef

Re: I can't access mounted volumes without gdm/gnome-session [solved]

Heh.

So, this is why I don't normally post issues I have.  See, I posted this and then decided to add dbus-launch to my xinitrc after ck-launch-session.  I hadn't done it before because I could see dbus running in htop, so I didn't think it would do anything.  It did do something though, it fixed my issue.  big_smile

Sorry for posting the needless topic.

Board footer