You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-06 15:04:03

dldiamond2

[SOLVED]Can Gnome default launch in top left be changed?

Hello,

I have been looking for information on this, but I can't seem to come up with anything. Maybe I'm approaching it with the wrong keywords.

Basically, I have a dual monitor setup with the main monitor on the right. The one on the left is not used much. The problem is that every application launches in the top left hand corner and I am always dragging it to the right side monitor. It is a Nvidia twinview setup so the whole display area is set up as one screen. I've seen references to actually specifying per program but I would like to have a default for all applications. Is this possible to customize? There would be much less moving if everything were to launch to the right and I dragged only a few things to the left. Using the nvidia settings applet I have chosen the right side monitor as the primary screen but that doesn't seem to help.

I saw one reference to a bug report in 2007 on a Gnome site, but I couldn't find anything else.

Daniel

Last edited by dldiamond2 (2010-10-06 15:32:24)

#2 2010-10-06 15:29:19

dldiamond2

Re: [SOLVED]Can Gnome default launch in top left be changed?

Ok, the detail I left out solved the problem. I had changed the window manager to compiz. There is a setting in the compiz settings manager for placement of windows.

Board footer