You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-06 18:01:59

gauthma
Website

KDE and nvidia widget

Searching for a KDE widget that could show the GPU temperature, I was led (by KDE's internal search facilities) to this one. After I installed it, a message reported the install as sucessful, but the widget did not appear on the list. I tried running the install command by hand (plasmapkg --type superkaramba --install 107448-nvidia.skz --> I had to install kdeutils-superkaramba for it to work). After installing karamba, another message indicated that the KDE version installed (4.5.1) was incompatible. Updated to the latest in testing (4.5.2), and then it happened: all my widgets, and the taskbar disappeared. Without access to the logout buttons, I though I'd just reboot -- and so I did. When KDE started, all widgets were as before, but the taskbar was gone. I was not able to get it back, rather I had to add it again ("add panel" from desktop's right click menu), and customize it again. (But now the nvidia widget is up and running, without any problem... as far as I can see....)

I know this is quite the shot in the dark, but did anyone found the same issue?

#2 2010-10-06 19:07:50

toad
Website

Re: KDE and nvidia widget

I tried installing it just now on 4.5.2 and it simply does not show up. Wrote a comment on kde-look.org...

never trust a toad...
::Grateful ArchDonor::
::Grateful Wikipedia Donor::

Board footer