You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-09 04:17:54

arinlares
Website

[Solved] Xfce 4 displays Home folder, not just ~/Desktop folder...

When normally Xfce should display icons linking to Home, Trash, and any mounted volumes, Xfce, in Arch, at least, seems to be showing every unhidden file in my home folder.

I've deleted every file in my ~/.config file related to Xfce, so it's not a bad config file.  I'm launching it from my .xinitrc with xinit, using the command "exec ck-launch-session startxfce4," and have reinstalled several times, and deleted my .config/xfce4 folder each time.  When I uninstall, there's nothing related to Xfce in /etc/xdg.  Has anybody else had this issue?  Is there a solution that can be found? 

This doesn't happen in my Debian Sid, which is running the same version of Xfce (assuming Arch has 4.6.2), which makes it even weirder, and all I've done to that is change the panels, wallpaper, and add a couple programs to startup on that install (wicd-client and avant-window-navigator, specifically).

Last edited by arinlares (2010-10-09 05:58:15)

#2 2010-10-09 04:19:17

thestinger
Package Maintainer (PM)

Re: [Solved] Xfce 4 displays Home folder, not just ~/Desktop folder...

do you have a ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs?

#3 2010-10-09 05:44:17

arinlares
Website

Re: [Solved] Xfce 4 displays Home folder, not just ~/Desktop folder...

Until now, nope.

Thanks!  I figured it was important, and did a search before posting back, installing xdg-user-dirs, running it xdg-user-dir, and editing the file accordingly.  Log out, log back in, and it's all fine now.  Funny that it should work out this way, despite using XFCE with no problems in the past.

Last edited by arinlares (2010-10-09 06:05:09)

Board footer