You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-10 04:32:27

disastrophe

`NM_IS_SETTING_IP4_CONFIG (setting)' failed

Hi, I was scanning through my logs and I noticed a recurring error (on the surface, everything appears to be working fine) and am having difficulty finding any concise info about it.
In errors.log and daemons.log,
Oct  9 21:14:59 localhost NetworkManager[2933]: nm_setting_ip4_config_get_dhcp_hostname: assertion `NM_IS_SETTING_IP4_CONFIG (setting)' failed hmm

Like I said, everthing appears to be working well but the error is at least annoying. Any ideas?

Last edited by disastrophe (2010-10-10 05:48:59)

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." ~ Voltaire

#2 2010-10-19 22:17:18

disastrophe

Re: `NM_IS_SETTING_IP4_CONFIG (setting)' failed

Hi again big_smile. The Arch install is still very tight, loving it and have been doing a lot of reading.
Anyway, I would have an error-free startup if I could just figure this one out and it's driving me nuts. There are no obvious effects, everything seems to be working perfectly and I'm getting phenominal boot times and great network performance. It all seems extremely solid. But then there's that persistent error in my logs. Grrrrr.....
I'm guessing it is some kind of Network Manager error, config not loading early enough or something? Strange that it would be the only networking error reported if that were the case. I would be pulling my hair out if I could wink
If some kind and knowledgable soul could point me in the right direction I would nominate them for sainthood, thanks.

Last edited by disastrophe (2010-10-20 01:00:39)

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." ~ Voltaire

Board footer