You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-13 16:07:35

Gen2ly
Website

Xscreensaver: locks screen on resume from hibernate

Hmm, I've been having this problem and I can't seem to find it here on the forum though I'm sure that it's occurred before.  When my computer is idle Xscreensaver starts after so many minutes and doesn't lock the screen as I've told it to under it's options.  However, when I resume from hibernation the screen will lock and I have to enter my password to get to the desktop.  I've looked around a bit and haven't found anything.  I believe this will have to do with either pm-hibernation program or the LXDE logout program (lxde-logout), likely the former.  Anyone know of a way I can disable this.  BTW the lxde logout script says:

#!/bin/sh
lxsession-logout --banner "/usr/share/lxde/images/logout-banner.png" --side=top

Setting Up a Scripting Environment | Proud donor to wikipedia - link

#2 2010-10-15 14:03:02

lagagnon
Website

Re: Xscreensaver: locks screen on resume from hibernate

Do you have anything in /etc/pm/sleep.d that tells screensaver to activate on a thaw?

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#3 2010-10-28 17:32:52

Gen2ly
Website

Re: Xscreensaver: locks screen on resume from hibernate

lagagnon, apreciate the help.  I've just reinstalled and the problem seems to be gone.  Appreciate the help.

Setting Up a Scripting Environment | Proud donor to wikipedia - link

Board footer