You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-17 00:01:11

twane

[SOLVEED]Unable to resolve the host address WGET

Hey guys, I have a question and one comment:
When I installed dwm following these instructions (http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dwm#Installing), I get an error when I get to the part with $sudo makepkg -i -asroot. It outputs "wget: unable to resolve the host's address." failed.... name or service not known. I spent over two hours researching this problem and no one else seems to have it (or at least speak of it). I would be immensely helpful if you guys could help me with this problem. Thanks!

Also: the registration question has a typo. It's missing an ' at the end of it.

Last edited by twane (2010-10-17 04:15:42)

#2 2010-10-17 00:47:27

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVEED]Unable to resolve the host address WGET

Use descriptive thread titles. There's a whole host of current mods that are going to remind you of following the guidelines.

I'm thinking that you're having problems resolving DNS servers. What's in your /etc/hosts file?

#3 2010-10-17 00:53:49

twane

Sorry about that. In my hosts file is:

127.0.0.1     Dany.domain.org     localhost.localdomain     localhost Dany

That's all that's in there.

#4 2010-10-17 04:15:28

twane

Well, since nobody wanted to help the newb, I decided to do a little research. I in my file (I forgot the name, it happened hours ago, but the one with the DNS converter ip thingy) I changed it. My current one didn't work.

#5 2010-10-17 11:35:07

jac
Website

I'm glad you got your problem resolved. However, you have to understand that everyone here is a volunteer, and we can only help with what we know. I saw your post yesterday before skottish posted, and I had no ideas. The people that probably could have solved your problem were most likely in another time zone, sleeping, in the ~5 hours this post was unsolved. You are expected to do research here. Also, you have an extra 'e' in solved in your title wink Have a nice day!

Board footer