You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-23 01:44:43

Ben9250
Website

No Arch for a while =[

Well now our new student house has no Internet and I ended up with a blanked hard-disk after trying to install a new student based distro to try out in the hopes I can convert fellow Biology lab mates to Linux, and the computer crashed during partitioning and moving data on my hard drive and ended up rendering it useless. Now I'm back on Ubuntu as it was the latest disk I got with a linux mag, and on a mobile broadband dongle. Normally I install Arch with an ethernet cable plugged in because I need the broadcom driver that's on the AUR and Nvidea drivers and such. I had a look at Archiso, which I may very well be using in the future when I have some spare time to generate a back up iso with my drivers and such on it. But it struck me that the instructions for this were for doing on an Arch system. So I'm wondering if there's any way I could do this  sort of thing in Ubuntu? Otherwise it's no Arch for the month until the house FINALLY gets the line active again (damn BT!) and the Internet installed.

Cheers,
Ben.

Last edited by Ben9250 (2010-10-23 01:45:01)

"In England we have come to rely upon a comfortable time-lag of fifty years or a century intervening between the perception that something ought to be done and a serious attempt to do it."
  - H. G. Wells

#2 2010-10-23 14:59:30

pyther
Website

Re: No Arch for a while =[

You should able to add your wireless driver stuff in the iso using archiso: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arc … kages.list

Alternatively, you can include the core repo in your live cd and and use it to install the base system. Once you have the base system installed you could download the wireless drivers and install them manually with pacman -U /path/to/pkg.tar.xz

Website - Blog - arch-home
Arch User since March 2005

#3 2010-10-23 17:56:56

litemotiv
Forum Fellow

Re: No Arch for a while =[

How do you expect to generate an Arch iso from an Ubuntu installation..?

Moving to Installation for now. Ben9250, please change your topic title to something more descriptive.

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Board footer