You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-26 15:14:43

edward.taylor89

Manually loading modules

Should I opt to disable the 'autoload' HOOK when 'udev' is also disabled, since I've configured mkinitcpio.conf to manually load the modules?

Based on my understanding, the 'autoload' and 'udev' HOOKs in the array become redundant when manually loading them.

I've read the archwiki on mkinitcpio, and I've gathered that both 'autoload' and 'udev' are similar, regarding the automatic loading of modules.

What difference will it make if I decide to manually load modules instead of using mkinitcpio.conf, but with rc.conf, by setting 'MOD_AUTOLOAD' to 'no' and subsequently pasting detected modules by 'hwdetect'  in the modules array?

I am trying to configure Arch to be particular only to this system.

Last edited by edward.taylor89 (2010-10-26 15:19:04)

'The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.'

#2 2010-10-28 19:58:20

slytux

Re: Manually loading modules

That's a nice way to make your system unbootable unless you want to specify every single module you need manually.  udev is good at figuring out what to load automatically anyway.  You can still try but make sure you know how to use a livecd to recover.

Board footer