You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-28 05:16:05

nikkon

crossover games .sh install problems

hello im trying to install crossover games with the generic .sh  file and i recieve this terminal output
and help here?

Verifying archive integrity...OK
Uncompressing CrossOver Games
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
/root/.setup29103: error while loading shared libraries: libXi.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
The setup program seems to have failed on Linux / x86 / glibc-2.9.
Check the system requirements at:
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxo … uirements/

You might be missing the 32bit compatibility libraries.
If this is the case, you may try running one of the following commands as root:
Fedora:        yum install glibc.i686 libgcc.i386 libSM.i386 libXi.i386 zlib.i386
Debian/Ubuntu: apt-get install ia32-libs libc6-i386 lib32nss-mdns

Last edited by nikkon (2010-10-28 05:29:25)

#2 2010-10-28 07:29:55

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: crossover games .sh install problems

Why use crossover games instead of wine itself?

And the message tells you you need 32-bit compatibility libraries. Check out the [multilib] repository (I assume you're on 64-bit).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-10-28 10:42:24

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

Sidenote; you really should be wrapping it in a PKGBUILD. You can probably update the old ones that are in aur.

Last edited by Mr.Elendig (2010-10-28 10:42:37)

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

#4 2010-10-28 21:42:30

nikkon

I use play on linux but steam seems to run better in crossover then reg wine for me not to mention i cant get l4d2 to work in
playonlinux .yeah im using 64 bit arch with kde. I was not aware of crossover being in the repos ill try that also i did install
the 32 libs and that didnt work either.

Last edited by nikkon (2010-10-28 21:43:09)

#5 2010-10-28 21:45:02

nikkon

thnx btw

#6 2010-10-29 02:35:49

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Crossover is just regular wine with some stuff done up for you. You should go to appdb.winehq.org and check out what wine tweaks are needed for particular games, once you apply those you basically get what crossover does (AFAIK). They have optimizations for Office, but for any random game I think wine is the better choice.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#7 2010-11-01 20:04:34

Website

What you pay for crossover is to have all the tweaks on all the games and apps done for you, automatically and to have a nice and intuitive UI to manage all the apps installed. It indeed is wine in the background.

Codeweavers (the people behind crossover) fully supports wine with code enhancements and bug fixes, so you help wine development If you purchase the software.

Linux user #498977
With microsoft you get windows and gates, with linux you get the whole house!
My Blog about ArchLinux and other stuff

Board footer