You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-28 18:51:57

guano___

Crystal HD, BCM70015

Hey,

I've been trying to get my new Crystal HD card (the bcm70015 model) to work in my low-power htpc. I've been scouring everywhere for guides for this and everything I've found has fallen short. I've tried installing the git-packages from the AUR, I've tried compiling the crystalhd-for-osx svn and the wilsonet-git directly (the latter is what the AUR-packages do anyway right?), but they all lead to the same thing: trying to load the module via 'modprobe crystalhd' the only response is a message in dmesg saying
crystalhd: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
Loading crystalhd 0.9.27

That is an old version of the module that is supposed to be in the kernel, and doesn't support the new bcm70015 model, so naturally nothing really happens, my card is still recognized as some generic 'Broadcom Corporation Device 1615'.

So, I know people have gotten the new model working but I don't really know what I'm doing wrong, are there extra steps to take to get the correct module to load? Any general tips I could try? smile

Board footer