You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-29 09:04:54

RkG
Website

[SOLVED] Samsung SCX-4600 multifunction scanner

Hi everyone,

anybody could make this (or a similiar) scanner work under Arch? I've tried almost everything following previous messages here and there (ubuntu) but no luck, always the same bad result: sane-find-scanned detects my scanner model (installed last sane-dev from AUR) but "scanimage -L" never finds a single thing...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

UPDATE: Ok, finally is working, here are the steps performed, may can be helpful for someone else (soon may be I'll update the package to do this automatically, I asume that sane is already installed:

1. Download  Samsung Linux Unified Driver, untar

2. Copy cdroot/Linux/<my-arch>/at_root/usr/lib<my-arch>/libmfp.so.1.0.1 to /usr/lib and cdroot/Linux/<my-arch>/at_root/usr/lib<my-arch>/libsane-smfp.so.1.0.1 to /usr/lib/sane

3. Symlink both libraries in their own directory as <lib>.so and <lib>.so.1

4. Copy cdroot/Linux/noarch/at_root/etc/sane.d/smfp.conf to /etc/sane.d, add the word smfp as a last line of /etc/sane.d/dll.conf

5. Install libstdc++5

6. Edit /lib/udev/rules.d/53-sane.rules and add an entry for the printer, then restart, near the other Samsung printers is a good place:
    # Samsung SCX-4600 (single line)
    ATTRS{idVendor}=="04e8", ATTRS{idProduct}=="3433", MODE="0664", GROUP="scanner", ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

7. At this point, the scanner should appear with "scanimage -L" (as root), to make it work for every user add them to the lp group, you can ignore the scanner group

Lesson learned remembered: ldd is your friend

Last edited by RkG (2010-10-29 20:59:31)

"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity." — Jazz composer and bassist, Charles Mingus

Board footer