You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-31 05:36:21

slackcub

restoring windows/kmenu after downsizing from dual head to just one

I was set up for a dual head system, and had everything working fine.  I had it set up using /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-monitor.conf as described in the wiki.  However, I have been forced to downgrade to just one monitor and no longer have access to that monitor (it's a long story).  My issue now is with KDE and the way I had my screens set up.  I removed my 10-monitor.conf and put it in my home directory cause I didn't want to delete it, but it was no longer needed.  I didn't have a 10-monitor.conf when I had just one monitor previously.  But now the task bar that was at the bottom of the secondary screen is gone.  I'm not sure if it's still thinking it should be on the second screen which no longer exists, but that's what I'm thinking right now.  Also, whenever I try to open up a window by either running a command from the right-click menu on the desktop, or by clicking on the 2 icons I have on my desktop (firefox and a link to my home directory), it seems like it opens the window, but it isn't displayed on my screen.  I assume it opens the window because when I move my mouse all the way to the top, which I have set up to display all workspaces, it shows the windows open there.  However when I click on that workspace to use it, there are no windows visible to me.  Anyone else run into this problem that could help me out or is there anyone that know what could be causing this?  Thanks in advance for any help!

David
slackcub@gmail.com

Board footer