You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-31 17:41:45

Korrode

Exaile randomly crashes

Hi Arch Forums,

My audio player of choice is Exaile. I of course would prefer to use the latest stable release (v0.3.2.0) but I've never been able to get it to work without randomly crashing. Until today i'd been using the last Exaile 0.2.x release, it's got a couple of little quirks i'm not fond of, but it doesn't outright crash. Anyways, I hadn't pacman -Su'd in a couple of months until today and I saw a lot of Python stuff got upgraded, so I thought i'd try the latest version of Exaile.

It still crashes.

The crashes seem fairly random, they can happen when I:

• double-click a different track in the playlist to start it playing

• drag a file from the in-built file manager to the playlist

• change directory in the file manager

• etc.

IIRC it's just happened mid-song too, without me being mid interaction with it.

Even the error given when it crashes changes, running Exaile with --debug I can get:

exaile.py: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.1.

or

exaile.py: Fatal IO error 0 (Success) on X server :0.1.

I did find this which appears to be the same issue:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … bug/566626

I tried turning off cover-art related options, it hasn't helped.

There seems to be many people out there running the current Exaile without issue, so i've come here first before thinking about filing a bug upsteam...

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT:
Even trying to run it through pydb I can't get any more info, when it crashes it doesn't give info and go to the debugger prompt, it seems like it actually crashes the debugger(??). I just get the Fatal IO error and am back at bash prompt.

Last edited by Korrode (2010-10-31 19:07:02)

xfce | compiz | gmrun | urxvt | chromium | geany | aqualung | vlc | geeqie

#2 2010-11-18 20:46:31

TheCox

Re: Exaile randomly crashes

I've been having the same problem for a while. Usually it just crashes randomly during playback.

#3 2010-11-19 15:49:11

awfulrofl

Re: Exaile randomly crashes

I've also ran into this issue, but I guess i've never really paid any mind to it.  The most recent crash was playing with the mini-mode settings.

Board footer