You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-31 21:10:27

VinylCyril

Can't set up the D-Link DWA-525 WiFi adapter (PCI) with netcfg

Hi!
I'm having a lot of problems with installing Arch on my brand new PC...
Is D-Link DWA-525 supported?

It uses WPA; i'm trying to get it to run with netcfg, tried both directly and via wpa_supplicant. The results aren't even consistent.
Without wpa_supplicant, even though the configuration file doesn't say to use wpa_supplicant, it comes back with an error "wpa_supplicant wasn't started, possibly bad configuration" (or something like this; sorry, i've rebooted to Windows now and don't remember what it said exactly)
With wpa_supplicant, sometimes after "/etc/rc.d/net-profiles restart" it gets back with simply "WPA authentication/association failed," sometimes it prints out several screens of some complaints and hangs.
Of course i might use something different than netcfg, but it seemed like the most powerful solution.

If you would advise what steps i should take to pinpoint the problem and fix it, this will be very much appreciated!!

P. S. The config files are practically identical to the example ones and the ones in the Wiki, only the ssid and key are changed to appropriate ones. If it's necessary, i will reboot to Arch, write them down and post them here, of course.

Last edited by VinylCyril (2010-10-31 21:11:52)

Board footer