You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-01 14:45:19

Digit

Graphical disk space usage analysers

anyone got any suggestions for other disk space usage analysers?

it's nice that on ncdu's site a few "similar projects" are mentioned.

treesize is a lovely little gui app, does what it needs to, clean n no fuss.
~but it's not in pacman or the AUR.

i'm not really interested in filelight, since it will want to drag along half of kde, and similarly i expect baobab is a bloater for the same reason with gnome.  no sign of philesight in the repo either though.

anyone got any suggestions for other disk space usage analysers?

perhaps a lighterweight, less DE-dependent, ring-style one?  ...if such a thing exists yet.

or is xdiskusage the best i'll find in the arch repos?

fave quote of the mo': "Man's reach should exceed his grasp, else what's a heaven for." - Robert Browning

#2 2010-11-01 14:49:06

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Graphical disk space usage analysers

Gnome has one, but I use it rarely and can't really recommend it. It just shows disk usage (which is its job).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-11-01 14:55:36

ninian
Website

GdMap is maybe what you're after; light and pretty, but it has square cushions, not rings!

#4 2010-11-02 21:25:17

karol
Archivist

Just for the record, you don't have to go to ncdu or treesize webpage to look for alternatives, we have (some of) them listed in our wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … y_Programs

Maybe you can ask sb to put treesize in the AUR: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewforum.php?id=38 ?

#5 2010-11-02 23:56:06

jdarnold
Website

I love Filelight. Really works well.

Board footer