You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-07 09:07:30

arch0r

laptop-mode-tools, wrong module path?

hey all :>

after setting up laptop-mode-tools on my asus 1015pem eeepc i started the laptop-mode deamon and enabled debugging to check for errors.
unfortunately laptop-mode is searching for modules in empty paths and displays me that they are not executable:

laptop-mode: Module /usr/local/lib/laptop-mode-tools/modules/* is not executable.
laptop-mode: Module /usr/local/share/laptop-mode-tools/modules/* is not executable.
laptop-mode: Module /etc/laptop-mode-tools/modules/* is not executable.

is it just a false positive and laptop-mode is looking for some default paths were modules are normally located or is the path were all modules are located set wrong?

best regards :>

#2 2010-12-07 20:38:06

citizen-stig

Re: laptop-mode-tools, wrong module path?

I have same problem on my asus 1015P

#3 2010-12-08 12:13:45

Awebb

Re: laptop-mode-tools, wrong module path?

Does it only look in the wrong paths to find the right one and work after that, or doesn't it work at all?

See this thread for a piece of info:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=75604

patroclo7 wrote:

As far as I know, /etc/laptop-mode/conf.d did never contain modules/scripts, but configuration files for the different modules/scripts. Some releases ago, the longish, unique configuration file /etc/laptop-mode.conf has been partially splitted in these specific configuration files. The modules/scripts provided by upstream are in /usr/share/laptop-mode-tools/modules. The modules/scripts defined by the administrator should go in /etc/laptop-mode/modules. You haven't any of them.

The only relevant novelty in the last release is that laptop mode tools now send logs to the system logger, so this is the reason why you did not see those messages before.

Last edited by Awebb (2010-12-08 12:14:27)

Board footer