You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-10 13:43:16

*blasco*

[Solved] Firefox ERROR.LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library

Hi,
I have an error during the execution of Firefox. I obtain this output:

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libmoonplugin-ff3bridge.so [libavutil.so.49: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libmoonplugin.so [libavutil.so.49: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
Unable to load the real plugin libavutil.so.49: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libmoonplugin-ff3bridge.so [libavutil.so.49: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libmoonplugin.so [

Then firefox always crashes and a Segmentation Fault is returned. The program is completely unusable!
From output i see that there is a problem with "libavutil.so.49". But in my system there are only this files:
/usr/lib/libavutil.so
/usr/lib/libavutil.so.50
/usr/lib/libavutil.so.50.32.6

I don't know if this is only a compatibility problem or what else..Have you some ideas?
Thank you,
Mauri.

PS: Sorry in advance if this is not the right section but i did not find a Software section wink

Last edited by *blasco* (2010-11-10 17:01:22)

#2 2010-11-10 15:10:14

*blasco*

Re: [Solved] Firefox ERROR.LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library

I have removed the moonlight plugin that seems to be the reason of the error messages..but firefox crashes anyway!
So i removed it completely and i have reinstalled from repository without any kind of add-on plugin etc..
but now firefox doesn't start and returns Segmentation Fault at startup!

Last edited by *blasco* (2010-11-10 15:10:36)

#3 2010-11-10 17:00:31

*blasco*

Re: [Solved] Firefox ERROR.LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library

Solved!
Under preferences "GTK Styles and Fonts" I've disable "Use KDE style in GTK application" and firefox seems to work! wink
Mauri.

Board footer