You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-14 00:56:35

Knute

conky weather icon issues

Ok, I have been using the conkyForecast script for a while now, and it's been nice, but, for some reason it decided not to show anything until today actually.

So, I started investigating the conky man page, and found that it has weather information available to it as well.

You have to use --enable-metar and/or --enable-xoap.
The xoap apparently enables metar as well.

Anyway, I used the conky-git package, but had to change the ccmake to cmake-gui in order to get it to build.

After all that, the weather works fine, except for when displaying the weather icon.

The icon argument returns a number, which apparently corresponds to pngs from weather.com  (not that I've been able to find the kit), but the icons are provided with conkyForecast (for which I'm thankful).   But how do I get conky to display the icon?

I'm starting to think that feature may just be broken at this time, but I'm just curious to see if I've done something odd with this and didn't intend to.

When I look in the weathericons, there is a 26.png that would correspond with the cloud_cover option, but the icon shows 26, rather than that png.    Do I need to have the images placed in a certain place or what?

I've searched all over the place, but most things that pop up are for conkyForecast, rather than for any information on this within conky.

I looked at the weather portions of the code as well, but can't tell where it's looking for the icon, if it is at all. 

Any suggestions as to where to look for more info?  I don't do irc really, but I may have to break down and install an irc client and go ask on the #conky channel.  smile

Knute

Board footer