You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-19 16:52:45

sPHERE
Website

Asus UL30A + custom kernel

Hi all!

I've been a linux user (started out with slack, now for the past few years i've been using arch) for some years now, but I have never really gotten into the whole custom kernel thing.

So i was wondering, If anyone is using a Asus UL30A with a custom kernel, and if anyone can post their kernel config?

I've tried using menuconfig earlier, but I dont really know what I can disable of the options to still get a fully working system but without all the extra things I wont need.

The stock kernel is allright, boots at around 20-25seconds from grub to slim.

Kernel configs are greatly appreciated.

#2 2010-11-20 02:21:49

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Asus UL30A + custom kernel

I'd suggest experimenting. Its a good learning experience. To speed things up you can first plug in just about everything your computer normally uses and do an lsmod. Make sure those are enabled, disable everything else (in drivers).

For the other sections of the config, base your decisions on the recommendations there (google if you're not sure).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer