You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-21 12:45:25

Pyntux

HDD spin down problem

Last time when I was using Arch Linux (now I'm on Kubuntu) a have a problem with hdd spin down. Every time when I check with command:

smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep 193

number is going up and up and up and after I did everything that was written on the wiki regarding the HHD spin down, problem is still there... I do not know why it's happening, before it was all right...

I do not know if this is happening to somebody else and whether it is a problem at all?

This is a wiki page explaining the problem and solution, which now does not work for me:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/La … wn_problem

I do not speak English, but I understand...

#2 2010-11-21 14:14:30

manouchk

Re: HDD spin down problem

I observed the spinning down problem today for first time, because maybe I start using my laptop with a new battery!

I did run manually:
sudo hdparm -B 128 /dev/sda

and it improved pretty much the spinning down and up problem. I still have to test the if the /etc/rc.local script works after reboot... It didn't work for you?

#3 2010-11-21 15:59:10

foutrelis
Developer
Website

#4 2010-11-22 07:40:39

Pyntux

manouchk wrote:

I observed the spinning down problem today for first time, because maybe I start using my laptop with a new battery!

I did run manually:
sudo hdparm -B 128 /dev/sda

and it improved pretty much the spinning down and up problem. I still have to test the if the /etc/rc.local script works after reboot... It didn't work for you?

Now it's everything OK without script in /etc/rc.local, number is same until reboot, but that is normal...

I do not speak English, but I understand...

Board footer