You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-24 12:31:56

munkoil

Replacing my current server. HW compatibility question and advice.

Hi,

I'm currently looking to replace my home file/entertainment server. I've been running Arch Linux for over a year now and I am very happy with it. There is some problems on my current hardware that I hope to avoid when getting some new. Currently I'm not able to boot on any later release than 2009.08. There is almost no problem upgrading after install but I can't, for example, get locale-gen command to complete successfully. This is the only computer I've had this problem on so there must be some sort of incompatibility issue.

For the new server I'm thinking about using the following hardware and wonder if anybody used these hardware with Arch Linux and know if it has any problems.

ZOTAC H55-ITX WIFI, H55, Socket-1156
Intel Core™ i3 Dual Processor i3-550
2 x Crucial DDR3 BallistiX 1333MHz 2GB CL7
1 x Corsair SSD Force Series 2,5" 60GB (System drive)
4 x Western Digital Caviar® Green 2TB
1 x SAMSUNG DVD±R/RW/RAM SLIM DL 8X SATA BULK SVART

I will use the integrated graphics in the processor. I plan to put all the stuff inside a Chenbro ES34069 4 Hot-Swap HDDs Server Chassi 180W.

Any suggestions or recommendations are welcome.

#2 2010-11-25 01:46:48

stqn
Website

Re: Replacing my current server. HW compatibility question and advice.

I've got a Core i3 550, but on the Gigabyte H55N-USB3, not the Zotac. It's working great except for 3D (I just tried WoW under Wine and couldn't get good results; the game is playable but with bugged shadows and a small resolution, and it's not beautiful.)

Board footer