You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-24 19:25:33

williamkray

[SOLVED] missing packages in pacman? n00b problem

so i tried to install mediatomb from the respositories, and it didn't find the package anywhere.  i updated and upgraded and all that, but still no mediatomb.  i left it alone figuring that it might have been taken out or something like that.

today i tried to install yaourt, and it said it required a newer version of pacman than the one i have.  i ran pacman -Syu, nothing changed, i checked the version i have, and sure enough it's a previous version than is required by yaourt.  after reading about the differences between AUR-pacman wrappers, i'll probably use packer instead of yaourt, but there's definitely something fishy going on here.

are these two issues related?  and how should they be solved?  is there a problem with the mirrors i'm using?  i'm not sure i even know where to start with this.  i try to read up on everything i can find before i ask stupid questions, but i'm at a loss on this one.

thanks in advance folks!

incidentally, i'm running x86_64 on my pc, and i do have multilib enabled in pacman.conf.  i also have base-devel installed already and successfully built dropbox from the AUR, so i'm not having any problems there. if that answers any questions about my setup.

Last edited by williamkray (2010-11-24 19:57:20)

#2 2010-11-24 19:48:14

skunktrader

Re: [SOLVED] missing packages in pacman? n00b problem

You are probably trying to use a stale mirror
http://www.archlinux.org/mirrorlist/

#3 2010-11-24 19:56:04

williamkray

Re: [SOLVED] missing packages in pacman? n00b problem

thanks, i realized that after i posted... updating now.  sorry for the needless post, this will probably fix my problems!

Board footer