You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-26 18:31:47

Ben_the1st

[SOLVED] Desktop environment freezes, after reboot no proper display

Hi!

I have strange problem. I'm running KDE on my PC with Nvidia GeForce 7600. Sometimes the whole system freezes, and strange horizontal dashed black lines appear in a rectangle, that has starting position at the cursor. Sometimes I can move the cursor, but nothing reacts on my clicks, and the whole system freezes again. If I just leave the machine the way it is, then after a time the whole desktop messes up, like someone just mixed up the pixels of it. After reboot strange vertical lines appear even at boot (I mean bios loading this time). The grub menu is always clean, but instead of KDM I get red and blue vertical lines.
My PC is dual-boot, and after reboot windows also can't load. But if somehow I get it run, I haven't noticed such problem with Windows XP. But I use Windows much-much less then Arch, so maybe it's not important.
Please post any ideas, I have really important things on that machine, and currently I can't access it!

Last edited by Ben_the1st (2010-12-04 12:37:54)

Balazs

#2 2010-12-04 12:37:39

Ben_the1st

Re: [SOLVED] Desktop environment freezes, after reboot no proper display

It turned out, that my video card is overheating, that why it doesn't work after some time...so it's hardware related.

Balazs

Board footer