You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-30 23:03:59

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Correct usage of bauerbill...

To rebuild all of the packages (with my /etc/makepkg.conf CFLAGS) for the base and base-devel group, would this be correct:

# bauerbill --build-as myuser --trust-abs --build-all --pacman-noconfirm -S base base-devel

Another question: if I build/install a package via bauerbill (with the CacheBuilt option set), and later remove it.  If I change my mind and want to reinstall it, does bauerbill know that it already built the package and that it resides in /var/cache/pacman/cache and will it use package or will it rebuild?

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#2 2010-11-30 23:14:40

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Correct usage of bauerbill...

bauerbill just passes it on to pacman. Pacman will check the cache for that package name with the specific version number/arch.

Shouldn't you just post in the bauerbill thread? Why start a new topic?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-11-30 23:37:41

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

OK... so there will be an entry in pacam's database pointing not to the repo's package and md5sum but to the custom compiled one?

To your second point - Wanted to start a new one as a more specific place to keep the info for new bauerbill users... the main thread is 37 pages long and contains many conversations.  My intent here is to keep it to usage only (keep the signal-to-noise high).

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#4 2010-12-01 04:47:27

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

This has nothing to do with the 'database'. There's simply a matching package. Try it out yourself please.

And the main thread is the place for people to ask for information. Xyne's website is the main source for info for new users. Please continue this conversation there, this topic does not warrant a new thread.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer