You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-21 20:34:22

DeusExLinux

Enlightenment: iconbox disappeared - how to restore?

this is going to sound really stupid, but I have started using Enlightenment and love it... cept I accidentally closed the iconbox...  Can someone tell me how to get it back.
I googled around for it and didn't find anything, searched the menus and cant find it..

even tried "iconbox" in the shell.. nadda

Man, I feel stupid..

MOD: addapted subject to suit the question - dp

And on the 8th day, God gave the people Google so that all the problems of the universe could be researched from one central place.  And it was good.

#2 2005-03-21 20:40:58

DeusExLinux

Re: Enlightenment: iconbox disappeared - how to restore?

Never mind
I just got it.. stupi stupid me.
Why didn't I check the man pages first instead of running to the forum

*sentences self to 30 lashes*

And on the 8th day, God gave the people Google so that all the problems of the universe could be researched from one central place.  And it was good.

#3 2005-03-21 20:48:32

MNKyDeth

If you like E16 like you say you do, just wait, E17 is just around the corner. Imo it's gonna blow everything away. smile

#4 2005-03-21 21:47:26

DeusExLinux

I've heard a few things about the new E17 (and I love E16.. it's so light and.. ...  simple), but not much

What's going to be new and exciting?

EDIT: I would also like to thank the mod for changing my horrible post name.. just a bad day.. smile

#5 2005-03-21 22:36:43

eerok

I like e16 a lot, been using it for a long time, and I'm almost kinda dreading e17 -- I guess I've been burned too many times by new versions of things that killed all the reasons I liked the thing in the first place.

I find e16 fast, stable, smooth, and pretty.  What could improve on that?

noobus in perpetuus

#6 2005-03-21 23:00:22

DeusExLinux

the first time I used a windowmanger (as opposed to a DE), I thought it was crap.  Then I used Enlightenment.... but I read that E17 "goes beyond a Window Manager"........  I dunno, I'm getting scared.  I <i>like</i> that it's just a window manager, and I can configure everything else.... after all, (minus KDE 3.4) Most DE's end up bloated, and I'll cry if E ends up this way,

#7 2005-03-21 23:30:16

MNKyDeth

E17 will still be very very light, and make e16 look like it was a red headed step child. >.<

Look at the SS's on the website and take a look at the cvs code. You can then see how beautiful it looks currently and see how small (little) code it uses compared to the bloatness of other WM/DE's.

I am hoping for it to be released before this fall, lol. I have no idea really but I have issues waiting for something that looks so good.

Board footer